Sunday, November 7, 2010

The Shadows Have Nowhere to Go.(100 words: Harsh)

http://www.velvetverbosity.com/

When I wake, I see that the sun isn't up quite yet. It's the perfect moment of morning when the world is blue and the streets are quiet. I see the orange twinge of light breaking through the curtains and I feel the warm safety of light spreading from my heart outward, to my hands and fingers, and I savor the few moments of peace that come while the world around me sleeps. The harsh light of day reveals the poverty of the neighborhood around me and the everyday struggle of living. But for now, I remain motionless and blue.

3 comments:

TaderDoodles said...

you rock...you know that?

Unknown said...

I can picture myself in that moment experiencing it just as you described.

Anonymous said...

I love the sense of peace of her slow awakening, as she luxuriates in those early moments. Beautifully done. :)